How to make lives easier
We here at Verific strive try to provide you with the best customer service.
But we need help from you. Together, we'll make our lives easier.
So we request you:
- Identify your company and your group/business unit. Many of our customers have multiple Verific licenses, each with a different product configuration.
On our file system, each of the licensee has a dedicated branch, and code cross-contamination is an absolute no-no. Identifying your company and your business unit will help us to use the appropriate code branch.
Another way is to tell us the name/email address of the person in your company that frequently deal with Verific.
- Tell us what Verific release you are using. The API "Message::ReleaseString()" returns something like "Jul17_SW_Release."
Or you can just search for "ReleaseString" in util/Message.cpp.
- Be clear and precise about the issue. Send us the log file if available; if not, a description of the symptom and the exact error/warning messages will help tremendously.
If it is at all possible, send us a testcase that we can use to re-create the symptom. If there is a problem, that testcase can be used to verify that the problem has been fixed. By the way, the testcase you provide will be added to the regression testsuite for your code branch. It will not be shared with anyone/organization outside of Verific.
The testcase should include Verilog/VHDL files, a TCL/Perl/Python script, or a C++ application exhibiting the symptom (current output), and the expected output,
- If there are other EDA tools that run "correctly," please provide the names of the tools and their "correct" output. Do not just say, "Other tools accept the design" (then we will need to ask you the names of the tools).
- We really appreciate it if you provide us with feedback: telling us the solution we provide has fixed the problem, or the problem just "goes away," or if we do something wrong.
Telling us that we're doing something wrong will help us to prevent it from happening in the future; telling us that we're doing something right will, besides other things, provide us with positive encouragement so we can do even better; and telling us the problem just "goes away" will save much time and effort for other issues.
Thank you very much. These things will definitely make our lives easier. And we promise that if you make our lives easier, we will make your lives easier.